Saturday, December 1, 2018
TD Arena, Charleston, South Carolina
ESPN 730 AM The Game at www.Charlotte49ers.com or you can get the Tune-in app and go to the Charlotte IMG Sports Network
. Matt Swierad is back for his 18th
season as the "Voice of the 49ers".
Live Stats: CofCSports.com
Twitter Updates: @Charlotte MBB
LAST TIME OUT
- Charlotte fell on the road, 76-56, to Davidson this past Tuesday. Jon Davis led three 49ers in double-figures with 16 points. Milos Supica scored 14 points and grabbed seven rebounds off the bench. Cooper Robb recorded his first career double-figure scoring game with 12 points.
49ERS vs. COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON
- Supica'S Impact Off The Bench - Milos Supica recorded a double-figure scoring game off the bench with 10 points against James Madison (11/16). He recorded a double-figure rebounds game with 12 boards off the bench in the 49ers win over Oklahoma State (11/10). He tallied another double-figure scoring game with 14 points to go along with seven rebounds off the bench at Davidson (11/27).
- FRESHMAN IMPACT - Freshman Malik Martin has recorded three double-figure scoring games in Charlotte's first five games including a game-high 17 points against Longwood (11/19). Fellow freshman Dravon Mangum recorded his first career double-figure scoring game with 12 points against Oklahoma State (11/10). Then, he nearly tallied his first career double-double with nine points and ten rebounds against Longwood (11/19). Cooper Robb recorded his first career double-figure scoring game with 12 points at Davidson (11/27).
- 1,000 CAREER POINTS - Jon Davis became the 27th player in school history to score 1,000 career points in the Oklahoma State game (11/13). He was the sixth fastest to reach 1,000 career points in school history. Davis currently has 1,584 career points which places him 12th on the 49ers career scoring list. Henry Williams (1989-92) holds the 49ers career scoring record with 2,383 points.
- 100 ASSISTS SEASON - Jon Davis currently has 457 career assists which places him into sixth place on the 49ers career assists list. Davis is the fifth player in school history to record at least three 100 assists seasons. Twenty-five players have recorded at least one 100 assists season in school history.
- DEFENSE - The 49er limited Longwood to 39 points in their last game, November 19, 2018. Longwood's 39 points is the lowest point total scored by a Charlotte opponent since the 49ers limited UAB to a school-record low of 37 points, March 4, 2000. Charlotte limited Longwood to 35.6% shooting for the game and 21.1% shooting from beyond the three-point line. Charlotte also forced Longwood into 21 turnovers.
- CONFERENCE USA PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Jon Davis earned his third career Conference USA Player of the Week award (11/12). Davis averaged 29 points in the 49ers' two games capped off by his game-winning three in the 49ers dramatic come-from-behind win over Oklahoma State, November 10, 2018.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON
- Saturday's game marks the 19th meeting between Charlotte and College of Charleston. The 49ers lead the all-time series, 10-8. College of Charleston has won five of the seven previous meetings in Charleston. College of Charleston defeated Charlotte, 81-72, in their last meeting which came at Charlotte's Halton Arena, November 18, 2017. Davis scored 16 points with six assists in that game for the 49ers. Supica scored eight points and grabbed five re bounds. Charlotte defeated College of Charleston, 90-85, in overtime in Halton Arena, December 16, 2014.
- The Cougars enter the game with a 6-2 record with wins over Presbyterian, Western Carolina, Rhode Island, UAB, Memphis and South Carolina State. Grant Riller leads the Cougars in scoring at 21 points per game. Jarrell Brantley averages 19.3 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.